It is time to empty out the ole bucket. There are a number of items in there that need to be attended to, so let’s take a look at them.
1. Ride my bike in the remaining continental states that I have not yet done so. They are;
Arkansas, Tennesse, Vermont, Rhode Island, New Jersy, and Deleware.
2. Ride the “Muisical Road” outside of Alburquerque, NM.
3. Visit Chuang Yen Monastery.
4. Ride Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway.
5. As long as I’m in the area I may as well ride the Tail of the Dragon
6. Ride the Cherohala Skyway
This could more fun than the Tail of the Dragon. Zoom in on Southwestern Tennesee to check them out.
7. Ride the Natchez Trace Parkway.
The above Google map will show my progress in real time using my cell phone’s GPS capabilities*. You can left-click on any spot on the path to see the statistics at that point in time. You may also send me a message by clicking on the Roadrunner icon, indicating my last known position, and typing your message in the text-box at the bottom of the popup.
My proposed route is shown in multiple colors representing GPS legs but that will be overlaid by the actual path that I take with a dark blue color. I may on occasion wander off said route but don’t worry; I do things like that. It’s a feature, not a bug.The motels shown are just placeholders. I may or may not stay at them. It all depends on each day.
Please note that when I have completed the trip the above map will be changed to a static, not GPS driven, map.
“To travel is to take a journey into yourself. ~ Danny Kaye
Enjoy The Ride. I know I will.
* Due to Cell Phone Coverage updates may be sporadic in some areas.